Note: This is a tentative list and is subject to change. Please check back often.
Visit the Ministry Fair
This year, we have nearly 50 exhibitors at the Ministry Fair, which will be conveniently located directly underneath the main session area on the first floor of Bonsack Baptist Church’s CLC Building. You may visit with partners and friends Monday afternoon from 2:00 -5:00 p.m. You may also visit on Tuesday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Childcare will be available for children ages 0-10 onsite at the church. Childcare registration is now closed.
Details are still being finalized for these special events. Please check back for additional information as the meeting approaches.
Disaster Response Training – Monday, November 11 (3:00 – 5:15 p.m.), Bonsack Baptist Church
- Local disasters happen all around us every day. And, large scale disasters seem to be a mainstay in the regular news cycle. Do you watch these stories and wonder how you can assist? Do you feel a “nudge” to want to do something but don’t know how to respond? Come join us during this extended seminar time and throw your name in the hat to respond the next time a disaster strikes. This event is basically a “live version” of our online training and, once completed, you will be placed on our official “call out” list which will give you opportunity to respond with others in order to bring healing and hope to those affected by disaster.
- This seminar requires advanced registration and there is a fee of $25 for those training for the first time. If you have received training within the last three years and are attending in order to recertify then the fee is waived.
Pastor’s Conference – Monday, November 11 (12:30 – 2:45 p.m.), Bonsack Baptist Church, Community Room
- Join fellow ministers and be encouraged and equipped to renew your personal walk with God in and through prayer. The theme is “Renew Through Prayer.” Guest speakers will be Dr. Herbert L. Ponder, pastor at Mount Tabor Baptist Church in Richmond, VA; and Don Davidson, pastor at First Baptist Church in Alexandria, VA. Nico Hale from Chesapeake, VA – a young hip-hop, rap, base-beating, Christ-centered poet – will be the guest musician.
- An offering will be collected that will be used to help cover the BGAV Pastor’s Conference expense, and nominations will be received and chosen for the 2020 BGAV Pastor’s Conference President, Vice-President, and Treasurer. After the Pastor’s Conference you will be able to attend Monday afternoon’s breakout sessions offered by the BGAV.
Korean Fellowship – Monday, November 11 (12:30 – 2:00 p.m.), Bonsack Baptist Church, Room B215
- All Korean-speaking groups are invited to attend the special lecture by Dr. Giwon Seo from 12:30-2:00 pm: “The Christian Mindset in a secular society: Leading a church that confronts the challenge of raising children with the crisis of Modern Learning.”
- Register through email to email@example.com or call 804-921-4868.
CBFVA and Mid-Atlantic CBF Luncheon – Tuesday, November 12 (12:00 p.m.)
- Register online to attend the CBF Luncheon.
LifeWay Luncheon – Tuesday, November 12 (12:00-1:45 p.m.), Famous Anthony’s 460, 3737 Challenger Ave NE #6729, Roanoke, VA 24012
- For Ministers of Education/Discipleship only please as there are only 30 spots available for dinner.
- Register through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uptick Alumni Luncheon – Tuesday, November 12 (12:00 p.m.), Bonsack Hall
- Uptick Alumni are invited to attend the Uptick lunch to connect and hear the latest news. While there is no cost to attend, we want you to bring a ‘dish’ of ideas to pay it forward for future Upticks.
- Register through email to email@example.com.
African-American Fellowship Dinner – Tuesday, November 12 (5:00 p.m.), Bonsack Baptist Church, Bonsack Hall
- All attendees will be asked to go through the Fellowship Dinner line and then take their plate to the designated AAFVA meeting location.
Averett Alumni and Friends Reception – Tuesday, November 12 (5:00 – 6:30 p.m.), Bonsack Baptist Church, Gathering Room A200
- Alumni and Friends of Averett are invited to gather together for a casual reception and to hear a brief report from Dr. Tiffany Franks about the great things happening at Averett. Alumni and Friends from the Roanoke area will be invited also. No cost to attend, we will have snacks available.
- Send questions or register through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leland Alumni and Friends Dinner – Tuesday, November 12 (5:00-6:00 p.m.), Enon Baptist Church, 7971 Williamson Road Roanoke, VA
- Register through email to email@example.com.
Northern Seminary Dinner – Tuesday, November 12 (5:00 p.m.), Bonsack Baptist Church, Bonsack Hall
- All attendees will be asked to go through the Fellowship Dinner line and then take their plate to the designated Northern Seminary meeting location.
VBWIM Dinner – Tuesday, November 12 (5:00 p.m.), Bonsack Baptist Church, Bonsack Hall
- All attendees will be asked to go through the Fellowship Dinner line and then take their plate to the designated VBWIM meeting location.